Thursday, 29 January 2009

It's nice here. Really nice.



It really is very, very nice.

It's hot, but with a cool breeze, the sky is blue & the sea is green. The locals are friendly too, no-one has tried to push me over yet! I'm thinking of re-locating the office, as the serenity levels are quite frankly compelling. 

The architecture is amazing - when you fly in you see how little high-rise development there is & it makes a huge difference on the ground. There are lots of clever, quirky modern buildings mixed in with the original Colonial & Victorian stuff, & plenty of space to see it as you approach. This place is beautifully laid out, with wide pavements & roads & lots of trees & green spaces, that make walking around a real joy. 

Cathy, Princess & myself spent yesterday evening on the top floor of the Shangrila Hotel sipping Bellini's, Cosmopolitans & Champagne, while watching the sun set over the harbour. Once we had sufficiently re-hydrated ourselves we swept away for a rather classy curry. Splendid.

Tonight we're off to Lunar Park, then Manly tomorrow.

Just in case you think this is all very refined & sedate, I should tell you that the photograph I have of my 2 beautiful friends showing off their bottoms on the way back to the apartment last night won't be included in the Blog. Probably.

General Outlook: Good to super.
Vertigo Level: Much reduced by alcohol.
Fashion Direction: Like America - all over the place.
 




2 comments:

  1. We definitely want to see ALL the pics...
    If I had my cards on me when you all rang I would have gladly bought the bottle of fizzy pop you know. .
    Looks and sounds blinkin' marvallous.
    Dead jealous and realy happy for you all at the same time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see, now I'm jealous, damn you!

    Not only do you get to spend time in Sydney, but the girls are with you too....splendido!!

    I also managed to get very drunk in Sydney, on more than one occasion....do you think it is something to do with the latitude??

    Enjoy, my pretty one. And give my love to the girls.

    C xx

    ReplyDelete