I have just had the most marvelous afternoon at the theatre Lovey. I wasn't watching a play or cringing my way through some hammy musical, but wandering around taking photographs & chatting to the usherettes.
The Auckland Civic Theatre is the most beautiful building I have ever seen. It is a classic example of the most exuberant & flamboyant Art Deco style, built in 1929, with lapis lazuli ceiling features of the constellations, elephant relief friezes, carved columns, Indian Buddhas, inlaid rosette ceiling mouldings & lustrous french polished doors, tables & wall insets. What a find!!! The hotel is also of the Art Deco period so I am, quite frankly, hoping the camper van is going to stimulate me architecturally, or I may feel a little flat after all this Macintoshyness.
I'll need a clean pair of combat shorts tomorrow though, as the seat of the ones I'm wearing is somewhat sticky where I've been gubbing about on the floor to photograph the ceilings.
Dinner This Evening
Main Course: Pan fried salmon on a bed of baby leaks & spinach
Dessert: Warm date pudding with caramel sauce
Wine: Vidal Riesling (Marlborough 2007)
Prize for the most notable interaction of the day goes to Greg from Bristol (but originally Liverpool) who was very friendly, as people in the Antipodes are, & soon made me feel relaxed enough to relinquish the death grip on my camera, Prada sunglasses, money roll & gold fillings. He was not wearing a Kappa track suit.

Poor Greg. We have all witnessed this sort of interaction with Ruthie. Let's hope he is receiving counselling and will soon be able to live a normal life again.
ReplyDelete